Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 6+7

oops. I totally stink at blogging everyday. Well, I was having a good weekend if that helps :)


Saturday I worked in the morning and then went to a Mad Hatter Day tea party! It was so fun, relaxing and very cute. I love having girly girl time every once in a while. I didn't think I'd miss it (constant girl-time like in the dorms) after I got married but I do! Anyway, the tea party was fabulous and I even tried new teas!

I don't like tea, by the way. It makes me gag. I love the idea of tea so I've been slowly making myself like it. Up until Saturday the only tea I liked was chamomile with LOTS of honey, but now I can add white tea and pumpkin spice to the list!
Mad Hatter Day is the 6th day of October because of the card stuck int the Mad Hatter's hat in Alice and Wonderland.

Adrienne, our hostess who put together this lovely table, and I thought it would be fun to take a group photo together so we got out our creative sides and made/bought little props to represent some of the characters from the story.
We have the Queen of Hearts, The Mad Hatter, The Cheshire Cat, The Rabbit, and Alice.
   
    Saturday night and Sunday Jeff and I went and celebrated His mom's birthday. WE spent the night with his parents, went to church with them, had Yumm bowls for lunch, Momma opened presents, we drove up to Belknap Hot Springs for a soak and then ended the day with Pizza. Sherine, Jeff's mom, is such a wonderful and beautiful woman. I am so blessed to have her as my second mom!
Momma Sherine, Daddy Byron and all the kids.

Sherine and all her Daughters

Jeff and Sherine

So what about the 31 Days? Well, besides church service I wasn't in my Bible, but we did pray together as a family and I was (and am) very thankful for time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...