Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Be Still- Day 2: Prayer


This last Sunday's sermon we went over Colossians 4:2 which says
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.
So i got to thinking about how thankful I've been lately, and how much I've actually been praying...

Praying is so easy, it's simply talking to God. So you'd think I'd be better about talking to the One who loves me more than I can dream possible. The Almighty God, maker of the heavens, the earth, mountains, rivers, animals, me, wants me to talk with Him.

It's so lame to say the reason...I get busy, I forget to pray, to be thankful. Oh, and when I do pray, it isn't always with an "attitude of thanks." I can be really selfish and bratty toward God. 

And yet, He still loves me.

 This little quote on Pinterest got me thinking:


Things I'm thankful for:
My husband, home, friends, my family and extended family, a warm day, ability to go to college, a warm sunny day, a good job, freedom to say things like this, freedom to worship God without fear of violent persecution, food in the fridge, gas in the car, pumpkin lattes, laughter, friends getting engaged, owning my own Bible, going to a Christian college, knowing that I am saved-a child of the Most High God.

There are so many things I am thankful for, things I need to thank God for and remember how He provides when I need an "attitude of thanks." 


What are you thankful for? How can I pray for you?

1 comment:

  1. I am so thank full for my daughter.Proud of the women she is and the women she is trying to be. I love you ...because I love you...because I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...