Saturday, August 18, 2012

10 Pounds in 3 days? hmmm...


As I was talking about in an earlier blog, this is my last week of the Biggest Loser challenge at work and I wanted to really work hard this week, not just physically but also with my food. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do but I've decided to try this so-called "Military Diet" where supposedly you can lose 10 pounds in 3 days. Sounds iffy, right?

Well after looking it over I decided to try it. The food is healthy and balanced and I figured if I started feeling sick/weird/whatever I can eat more. I'm a very healthy person so there isn't really any risk in this that I can think of besides the chance of me getting hangery!

Here it is:

DAY 1: Breakfast--1/2 Grapefruit, 1 Slice Toast, 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter, and Coffee or Tea
Lunch--1/2 Cup of Tuna, 1 Slice of Toast, and Coffee or Tea
Dinner--2 Slices of any type meat (About 3 ounces) 1 Cup of Green Beans, 1/2 Banana, 1 Small Apple, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream (YUM)!!!
Tip to Try: Warm the apple and/or banana and eat them over the ice cream. Delicious!

DAY 2:
Breakfast--1 egg, 1 Slice of Toast, and 1/2 Banana
Lunch--1 Cup of Cottage Cheese (Or 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, and 5 Saltine Crackers
Dinner--2 Hot Dogs, (no buns), 1 Cup of Broccoli, 1/2 Cup of Carrots, 1/2 Banana, and 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

DAY 3:
Breakfast--5 Saltine Crackers, 1 Slice of Cheddar Cheese, and 1 Small Apple
Lunch-1 Hard-Boiled Egg, and 1 Slice of Toast
Dinner--1 Cup of Tuna, 1/2 of a Banana, and 1 Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream

One thing I love about this is I get to have (a small amount!) of ice cream every day! That sure helps with the cravings!

I started this diet today and was surprised that I wasn't very hungry at all today. Foods High in protein (peanut butter, tuna) help keep you full longer.

I'm heading out on a one night camping/boating trip with my family tonight so it will be a test to my self-control with s'mores roasting over the campfire but I must prevail!!! I must win!!!

I'll update you all on how this goes and if it really works- hard to believe everything you see on the internet after all!

Oh, and just so you know, I am still working out while on this diet. Today I rode my bike for  about an hour and am starting to feel hungry. I last ate right before work at noon and I haven't had all of my tuna, toast and coffee yet!

Some inspiration for you and me on our quest for a healthy life:


And just for giggles...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...