Thursday, March 10, 2011

Old books+paper punch+buttons&Thread

So I found some old books in the free bin at our library. 
Don't tell the librarians, but i'm destroying them.
But it's ok because it's all in the name of art and weddings :)

So i took a fancy hole punch I bought at Michaels and punched out lots and lots and lots of scalloped ovals from the pages of these old books. {It was a bit of a pain to me since I'm going to be a Lit teacher and books are so precious} Then i stacked five ovals and sewed them together with a cute button for the center. Then I curled up the edges and wa-la! A lovely little flower made for under .10. :)

Here's my plan for all my flowers:
-flower girl hair wreath
-(maybe) the flowers for the flower girl to throw
-add ribbon wrapped stems and put in flower arrangements
-decorate the bouquets
-(maybe) make the guy's boutonnieres
-corsages for the moms

"Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower."  -John Harrian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...