Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Childhood Memory

Day 10: A Memory of my Momma


This is a recreation of what was and still is a part of my momma's home decor. She would leave messages for us around the house with scrabble letters as well as use them to decorate for parties. For a long time the pieces sat in the laundry room in a white washed bird feeder where I would rearrange her messages to say, "I love Mom." It's one of my favorite memories and very sentimental. It is one of those things that I want my children to someday remember about me and their grandmother.

It took me a long time to find a old scrabble board with wood pieces, months of patiently scouring thrift store shelves and resisting the pretty new ones on Target's shelves, and was finally rewarded with not one, but two! For $3! That's what thrifting is all about, the thrill of finally finding what you want for an insane deal! Happy Thrifting! And happy childhood memories to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...