Monday, May 28, 2012

Coffee and Books and a Wedding

Coffee and books are two of my favorite things. When you add to that combination my favorite person (my husband) it is a pretty awesome day.

We drove downtown to the Book Bin (a really awesome bookstore that I like to roam around in when i get the chance) and we picked out a book to read together. Jeff found the one pictured above, "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close." We bought it and took it to The Beanery where we ordered a Raspberry mocha shake and read the first chapter together. We had both heard that it was a great book and neither of us has seen the movie yet (we are the type that like to read the book first if we can before watching the movie) and let me tell you- this is a great book, and we're only one chapter in! It is told from the perspective of a smart, imaginative young boy who has just lost his father in the 9/11 attacks. His voice- the manner in which the story is told- has all the endearing qualities of a child- humor, creativity and honesty. I can't wait to read more and give you a better review of the book as well as the movie!

Weddings and love are also some of my very favorite things...

One of my sweetest (seriously, she is one of the nicest people I know) was married this past weekend. I've spent the last month or more helping her with wedding crafts as well as just spending time with her. It has been such a privilege to get to know her this past year and then be able to help so much with her big day! i love you Emily!
Dana Kropf Photography

Dana Kropf Photography

Dana Kropf Photography

Dana Kropf Photography  

Just after their first look <3
Emily and i made this chalkboard out of a cabinet door for over the dessert table. I did all the "chalk art."

And I found two matching cabinet doors for $1! They made perfect wall decor.

Emily and I made this sign together for the little ones to carry down the asile. The other side says "Just Married"


For a guest book they used a Bible and had everyone circle a favorite verse and write a message in the margins. LOVE that idea!

my handsome husband was one of the groomsmen


some of my favorite girls!


first dance


first dance
After the ceremony the bride and groom served everyone Orange Floats.

Orange is Joe's favorite color, blue is Emily's.


Nikki and I worked the gift table together. i miss my bestie! About a month until she gets married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...