Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ship's wheel





A while back I promised to show you how I painted the lil' ships wheel I hung in my bathroom.
(See my bathroom and hallway re-do reveal here)

Well first off, I found the wheel at the Goodwill for a buck, but I'm sure you could find them at a craft store.
It was unfinished and ugly, but I bought it anyway knowing a little paint would make it awesome.

 First I painted the entire thing white. Then I dry brushed some blue on in random places.

 Then I painted the whole thing a nice brown color.
 Finally, I took sandpaper to it. Gently rubbing in some places to reveal a little color, and rubbing harder on edges where naturally a wheel would get more use.
And there you have it. Quick, easy, awesome.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...