Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hall Retreat!!!

So I'm procrastinating on studying for a midterm, and praying for a snow day so that i don't have to study at all- therefore, I blog!
This weekend i took most of my hall [I'm a Resident Assistant (RA) at Corban in my dorm. I love being an RA here, we get to be such an important part of our peers lives! I get to put together weekly Bible studies, solve roommate issues, deliver toilet paper etc] back home with me for a short hall retreat. We headed home after the basketball game Friday, and watched movies until 2am. And of course the girls were too excited to have fun so they all woke up at 9am {not enough sleep...poor me ;) } We had waffles and a short Bible study from Mesha, then we went on a long hike round the property with the goats. After lunch we all pretty much crashed or did homework with a movie playing in the back ground. It was super chill-we all needed the relaxation. Mom made spaghetti and Red Lobster biscuits [soooooo good!] for dinner and we roasted s'mores over the wood stove. Mom lead a Bible study on loving God with no reservations. More movies, more candy, more giggles. We also had a dance party in the garage- i taped down flat canvases and we dipped our feet in paint and partied! :) I had the girls wash each others feet when we were done. We went to my home church Sunday, had some Subway and Starbucks for lunch then i sent them all back to Corban. It was an amazing weekend.







But Nikki (my roommate) and I didn't stop there! Our boy's families rented a house at the beach and invited us for the three day weekend, so we drove over to the coast and surprised them! :) It was wonderful to get my feet in the sand again! Unfortunately, the ocean ate my camera :( I don't know what i'm going to do with out it! i love taking pictures! It's an important part of my enjoyment in everyday! Yet, this was the only sad thing that happened this weekend-so it was still an absolutely fantastic 3 day break from classes!

here are some of the last pictures my poor camera ever took...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...